Monday, June 27, 2005

Ownership obligations

I don't care if you own a car or a house... whatever. There is ALWAYS something that needs repairing or replacing. Early this morning, my daughter needed to get out to go take care of a friends animals and go to horse camp (she teaches). She couldn't get the car started. I tried jumpstarting it and nothing. So I had to take her and stay while she fed the animals, etc., and then take her to the barn. I was already awake, so it wasn't that big a deal :-p

The driveway guys started banging around at 7am!! So it was my turn to wake the neighbors! They always wake me when I'm sleeping with their lawn mowers and stuff. So I get to wake them with hammers, concrete saws and a generator! lol!

All this other activity put me behind in getting the new car through inspection and purchasing my tag, but not too bad. There wasn't a line like I was anticipating, so we got through there quickly.

I just got done taking the battery out of the car and putting it on a charger. The charger isn't loading up, so I don't think the problem is with the battery. Next, I'll have to take it to get professionally tested to be sure. Then maybe something else will have to be fixed on the car if the battery proves good (which it should since it is a 2004 battery). Problem will be getting the car to the shop to work on it. If I can't start it, then I will need a tow. More $$.

This afternoon, I will have to go pick up my daughter and take her to care for the animals again. Hopefully the car will be running by then so she can be set for tomorrow and the rest of the week.

Gotta go check on the driveway guys...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home