Friday, June 10, 2005

I'm Back!!

That was a long trip! I'm so glad my sister came along. There is NO way I was going to be able to get that car home in one night the way we did.

The flight to Atlanta was pleasant. We were excited, so we couldn't sleep any on that first leg. There was a plane change in Atlanta and then we flew to Nashville. I was tired, so I leaned up against the window with a blanket for a pillow. I was out before the plane taxied out onto the runway. The next thing I remember is waking up on approach to Nashville Airport.

My brother and sister-out-law picked us up and drove us over to the house where I was picking up the car. I got the nickle tour of the car got the title in my name and then hopped in and drove off with my brother as co-pilot. We ended up going to Bosco's for lunch as planned. Food was excellent. The facility was nice too. They have their own brewery in house, so the adult beverage of choice was extremely fresh.

After a filling, delicious lunch, we were supposed to head home. My brother and his wife were leading us out of the city when I noticed the "engine" light was on. Oh No!! My brother knew of a Honda dealer with a shop on site and we went there to see if they could help us. Long story short, there was an issue with the emmisions sensor that is supposed to go into the breather box (that wasn't there). They were able to get it fixed, but we lost almost 5 hours. I was definately going to be late getting to work. I convinced the former owner to foot that bill since the light came on before I had even left the city. I would call that a pre existing problem. I could have just voided the contract right there, but we needed a ride home and I like the car.

Got on the road late and it didn't look good for getting home in time for work. I called my co-workers and they agreed to cover for me (that's amazing, since no one ever seems to be available when I need them). Thank you Lord.

So, 900 miles later, I am here at work (I went home and changed and came right in). I was 4 hours late - pretty much the time it took to fix the car. This is definately NOT a long distance touring machine. It rides low and the suspension is tight. A little rough on the body for long periods of time. It will be nice for shorter rides, though.

I never knew that convertibles had so much wind noise with the top up. That noise got to be a little much on the long drive. I couldn't crank the tunes since my sister had to sleep for her turn behind the wheel. Same went for her. So it was a music-less ride. We didn't end up running with the top down either since we were travelling at 65+mph the whole time. I'll save that for the local cruises.

As long as it doesn't rain this evening, I will take the kids (one at a time) for rides. There are two airbags, so most of the younger ones won't be allowed for a while yet. The law is the law. I wish I could turn the firing mechanism off on the bag so they could ride. Maybe I'll just run them around the neighborhood. Then the wife gets her turn!

I'm really tired! I think I had to go back and correct spellings and llllllllllllll;;;;;auagj;l mistakes (where I nodded off) several times. I need to go check out some equipment in the building. That will help me stay awake. Gonna definately get 8 hours of sleep tonight!

2 Comments:

Blogger fatchans said...

Glad you made it safe, Matt. I also read the other entry in your blog. Thanks for that one too.

June 10, 2005 5:50 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Woo hoo! :)

June 11, 2005 2:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home