Friday, June 17, 2005

VTEC!!

Yesterday, I discovered just exactly what the VTEC on the S2000 will do. Now I understand why this car is so much fun for enthusiasts.
More info for those interested.
VTEC 101 in basic english.

I got the car to about 6500 RPM in 3rd gear and was shoved back in my seat as it launched forward! Did it again in 4th and 5th gears, then realized I was going about 90 mph! What a rush!! I have got to find a place where I will be able to explore this more fully without legal ramifications getting in the way.
It's true that running at higher RPM's requires more shifting to maintain the power and response, but that is exactly what I wanted a sports car for.

I did have a friend tell me that he has been lusting after my exact car for years - color and everything. I told him that as soon as he got permission to buy from his wife, we could start talking. I definately wouldn't turn the right offer down. After all, my heart still is turned toward the Solstice.

The color is "envious"!

2 Comments:

Blogger fatchans said...

Montana doesn't have a speed limit anymore. At least in the daytime. I think night speed limit is still 70 mph.

June 18, 2005 11:07 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Yup - THAT would be fun. ;)


Happy Father's Day, Matt!

June 19, 2005 9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home