Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Getting close now!

I fly out of Baltimore in 28 hours! It seems so strange to be preparing to fly 900 miles so that I can pick up a car. We fly through Atlanta and I may get to visit for a few minutes with my nephew (son of the sister who is coming with me). Haven't seen him in a while. He is a college student at Georgia Tech. It'll be nice to see him if he can get out.

I went to the bank today to put some money in to cover the check I wrote for the A/C work yesterday. Let me tell you... that was well worth the price. The house is so comfortable now! We had kids coming down in the morning complaining about being cold! I've been able to push the thermostat up to 75°. This should save some cash (more to go to the new car!).

I also stopped in at my insurance agent to get coverage so that I don't have to worry about driving home. Funny... the woman that handles my account has never heard of the Honda S2000. I guess some folks have their focus elsewhere. I had to promise to bring it by so that she can see it. No problem there! I'll gladly show it off!!

Later today (it is 1:15am after all) I will go by DMV to get temporary tags to put on the car for the trip.

My brother is going to pick us up at the airport and then drive us to get the car. I have decided to take him (and my sister) out to lunch and a short visit. We will be going to the Blackstone Brewery and Restaurant. I've read some great reviews about this place. I've also been thinking of checking out Boscos. Check that menu out! Lots of good stuff to choose from! I have no idea what I will pick (I'm taking suggestions).

The drive home promises to be interesting. Top down? Depends on the weather. Forecast is calling for hot and partly cloudy with a chance of thunderstorms. Should make for an interesting drive!
Last update before the trip (unless I post again tomorrow night).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home