Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Still working out some more details

I still have some important things to do with this car before I am truly ready for summer cruising. I don't remember if I mentioned the check engine light... It's back on. I believe that once I get an air solenoid replaced (and maybe an oxygen sensor) that problem will go away. I need to get the air box for the filter and a replacement filter. Unless I can find the parts at a salvage yard, the cost for these items is somewhere in the $400 range. I knew this was an expensive car, so I'm not shocked by those prices. That is why I'm looking for the parts in salvage rather than buying them new. I'm limited in time, though, since I need to have the car registered by the end of the week.

I haven't decided how long I will keep this S2K. I like the car, but some of the modifications don't really suit me. I'm more of a stock kind of guy. Having the car lowered may be what the kids like, but I prefer a softer ride. The low profile tires also add to the rough ride. They look great, but are not very forgiving on the bumps. I guess I really am a fogey after all.

You can't beat this kind of car for grabbing attention, though. The looks never stop! If you're single and hunting, I am prepared to sell to you for a fair price! You won't be disappointed in the magnetism of the car. It will draw them in. The rest is up to you. I just tell them I have 11 kids and they beat a hasty retreat!! ;-)

Gonna get a little sleep this morning and then go make the rounds to see if I can find these parts.
I'll update later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home