Monday, June 06, 2005

It's Monday...

... of the week that I go get my car!!
I've got to get a temporary tag so that I can transport the car home legally. I have a copy of the title, so that should be no problem. I also need to get insurance lined up. The final payment goes out this morning, so I'm in it all the way now. Either this week is going to go terminally slow, or I won't be able to keep up. One or the other. Either way, there will be little relaxing.

Today, we get our A/C and heater replaced. I'm glad we already had it scheduled, because the compressor on the A/C unit went out yesterday. Talk about timing! If we hadn't already scheduled it, we would have had to pay for repair because most companies are now booked through the end of June. It is so hot and humid in the house right now. I don't think I'll be able to sleep any. Having contractors in the house isn't conducive to sleep anyway. Maybe I'll catch a nap at work tonight ;-)

Change of topic...

I have been thinking a lot last night and this morning about the topic of self-less love. Sacrificial love. Love that mirrors the type of love Christ showed in His day to day actions as well as by His sacrifice. One of the best pictures I can think of that gives an example of this is the love a mother shows to a sick child. Moms will get all dirty and puked on and still hold and hug and love on their kids. Some dads will, too.
Another picture of this love is shown in the married couple who honor their covenant with the Lord. There are times when they may not see eye to eye, but even then, they love and care for each other as an offering to the Lord. Maybe one of the partners is withdrawn. That is the time for the other one to pick up the slack and love harder. It's hard, though, because in the flesh, you want to be served, not to serve. How do we discipline ourselves to have that servant heart? I think it's a matter of exercising, just like with physical fitness.
So, what of the spouse who doesn't want to do the love workout? What then? How do you live with that or help them to change?
I pray for my friends who are struggling in this area.
I pray for my own marriage (since I have a tendency toward laziness and avoiding the "love workout").

Work hard at loving as Christ loved. This is the way to true contentedness and a solid witness. People will see your sacrifice and then you will have opportunity to give voice to the Reason you behave as you do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home