Thursday, June 23, 2005

Feeling a little better...

This is my last day on day shift this week where I'll have to deal with a lot of people. I will be working days this weekend, but there won't be anyone here. I haven't been getting enough sleep, but I am still feeling better now than I did earlier in the week. Thanks to all who prayed for me. I'm sure it helped to strengthen my spirit.

I plan to take my wife out to lunch on Friday. A little Italian place called Cafe Gelato. We've been before and enjoy the food. Then on Saturday night, I will try to take my second son for his birthday dinner. And on Sunday evening, take my 4th daughter for her birthday dinner. I am playing catch up on those dinners. It's amazing how quickly the time goes by! I'll be sure to eat lightly so I don't blimp out this weekend. Gotta remind myself that I am no longer a member of the "supersize me" generation and should appreciate quality taste over quantity. lol! I always used to go for the best "value" in my eating choices. Now I value taste and presentation more than sheer volume. I'll update this weekend on menu choices and restaurants visited.

Drum Corps season is in full swing. I haven't seen any shows, yet, but look forward to getting to at least one and maybe two shows. There is nothing like it on this earth!

"Time to make the donuts"

2 Comments:

Blogger September said...

Glad to hear you're feeling a little better. Have a great weekend! :-)

June 24, 2005 11:38 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

MAN, if i'm ever in that area of the country this time of year, I'm calling you and going to a drum corp show. FUN!

June 25, 2005 12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home