Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Car woes




















I took my Solstice in the other day to have a defect fixed. Seems there is a hinge/trim piece on each side of the top that is catching and pinching the top when closing. I read about it on the Solstice Forums and decided to check mine out. Sure enough, mine had started pinching too.

They kept the car for three days before the parts came in! Then they scratched the paint on both sides while making the repair!!

Needless to say, the car is back at the dealership to get these scratches fixed. I'm driving a loaner - Buick Lucerne with a Northstar V8 engine. Nice car!

The dealership is giving me my next two oil changes free ($70 each with Mobil 1), and a free detail.

You can bet I'll be going over the paint with a magnefying glass.


On another note...

I'll be travelling to Auburn this weekend for the Auburn Band Alumni weekend. It'll be nice to see old friends again. Hopefully the football team can pull it together to beat lowly Tennessee Tech (known for their world famous tuba ensemble)

I'm picking up my second daughter from college to go with me. Hopefully we can do some rebuilding over the weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Oh no!!! I hope your car feels better soon!!

November 03, 2007 7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home