Sunday, September 23, 2007

Two Weeks Without A Post!?

I'm getting blog lazy!
Lots of hours at work, so I should have been making entries. Not sure why I've stayed away.

We have someone coming to the new house on Tuesday to tour and possibly make an offer. I know how crazy most of you think I am for having this home on the market so soon after moving. It's really a combination of things causing this decision. I really underestimated the distance and amount of driving that this move would cause. I figured it would be lots more miles for me, but didn't realize my wife would have to spend so much time in the van. The fuel cost is also a major factor.

I also have the property priced pretty high, so any reasonable offer will put us in good shape on the next house.


My second daughter has decided that she wants to transfer to another school next year. I'm not really surprised. Anderson University is a small school with strong (traditional) Baptist values, rules and regulations. Most of the students are locals that go home on weekends. She is bored and a little lonely.

I hope she finds a school that is a little cheaper. ;-)

My third daughter had her sweet 16th birthday last weekend. It was quite an affair! Not anything like the MTV parties, mind you, but fun none the less. She's got some really nice friends they did all the work. All we had to do was bring a large amount of food and stay out of the way. lol!

Daughter #2 even flew up to be here for the party (at her own expense). I'm glad she came up, but had a hard time with her spending that money on a plane when she could have saved it for other expenses at school. I think there were a couple of other reasons for her fly up, though. She wanted to see her friends and boyfriend. I think her Mom and I got about a half hour of her time to visit. I miss having her around. I'm glad she calls me every couple of weeks. It's good to talk to her and hear how she's doing in school. I'm very proud of her.

The rest of the kids are doing fairly well in school. They are getting adjusted to the routine and are not struggling so much with getting up in the morning. The two youngest had sibling withdrawal for a couple of weeks, but are enjoying having Mom to themselves all day long now.

I'm still waiting to see if she has any more time to get stuff done around the house like she said she would... I understand how busy she still is, so my expectations haven't been too high.

Well, that's enough for now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I can't find my blog unless I come to yours and look for something I commented on. I guess I should put it into a favorite page or something...

September 29, 2007 4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home