Saturday, August 25, 2007

25th Reunion!

So... last weekend I went to my 25th high school reunion.
It was planned quickly and not as well attended as it should have been. We had over 370 in our class and only 50 or so showed up for this reunion. 25 years is a rather significant one, don't you think?

I know it could have been better if more time had gone into the planning. I think it kind of snuck up on people. The planning committee didn't even form until about 4 months before the date. Oh well... guess I should start today to plan for the 30th if I want it to be any better.

I did enjoy chatting with some of my friends from so long ago. I almost never see any of them even though quite a few live locally.

One local chief of police.
One future Senator from the State of South Carolina.
Quite a few former football players and one coach.
Lots of ladies who look just as good as they did 25 years ago.
Most of the men have lost quite a bit of hair.
A surprising number who are recently divorced or married for the second time.

I wonder if I had stayed here for college, would I still be more friendly with any of these folks. Once we left high school, I don't think I called more than a couple of them. Seems strange that the people you didn't think you could live without (while you were in school with them) quickly became history along with the school you used to go to.

I'd love to have more friends. I just don't seem to have the time...

1 Comments:

Blogger September said...

My 25th reunion was 2 years ago, here in town... I didn't go. Not many people did go, and most of the ones who did are people who still live here, and who I see around -- but I'm not friends with them. So it didn't matter much to me. One friend who I hadn't seen for many years and I didn't expect to show up, did go. She was kind of upset that I hadn't gone, and thought we needed to get together sometime afterward. Funny, I stayed here after graduation, and in that 25 years she never once tried to contact me... oh well.

I'm not friends with any of the people who I hung with in school. One friend and I still sometimes exchange Christmas cards and the rare email, but that's it. It's happened with most people I know. We grow up, we grow away from one another, and things change. Such is life. ;-)

I'm glad you enjoyed your reunion. :-)

August 26, 2007 1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home