Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Relief!

Yesterday was the surgery for my friend. I called him in the morning to see how he was doing as they prepped him for the operation. He was in great spirits and we had a nice conversation.

He was supposed to go in around 10am. I got a note several hours later that said he was just getting in at 1pm. All that extra time without food... I know it's pretty standard to run late on surgery, but it sure would be better if the doctors could be more punctual. Not that I'm advocating rushing a surgery just to stay on schedule.

Got a phone call a few hours later that stated that my friend only had to have three bypasses instead of four. He came out earlier than expected and only spent the first night (last night) in ICU. This is great news!

I will give him a call later this morning once I find out what room they put him in.
His folks are there, so I should be able to find out stuff fairly easily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home