Thursday, August 16, 2007

Good Progress

My friend, Tom is doing amazingly well considering he had his chest cracked open less than 48 hours ago. He's sitting up, drinking and eating (lightly - mostly jello and stuff like that), having conversations with family and friends.

I wish I could be down there, but at least I'll get to see him in November. I'm real proud of the way he's come through this. So full of humor and drive to live. I hope to never experience what happened to him, so I need to start today to make some changes in my lifestyle and habits.

I'm going to try to lose a pound a week from now until I go down to Auburn for the band reunion. That way, I will be able to show Tom that he has inspired me to get more healthy. Not that it will make his recovery any easier, but it will honor him and his efforts.

So... that's 12 pounds I need to lose. Not at all unattainable. Pray for me!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home