Sunday, July 29, 2007

Hours adding up

So the overtime hours are starting to add up again this year. I'll have close to 350 extra hours by the end of this week.

Good thing too, since we haven't sold the house yet. My Jeep hasn't sold yet either.

I hate to complain about this all the time. After all, I was the one who decided to purchase the other house and the Jeep. I am seriously looking at putting the second house on the market in August unless there is a contract on the first house. May even sell my Solstice too.

We're making due for now. Not sure how much longer the overtime will last, so I've got to get the debt load under better control quickly.

In a couple of weeks, we will be taking our second child down to college. Long trip in a short time. I've got just 3 days off from work to drive close to 1400 miles. I know it can be done, but my wife wants to try to visit family while we're down that way. I don't really see that happening. Just not enough time. Besides, my daughter doesn't want to do anything but drive straight to school and then for us to get out of there. She is SO ready to be out on her own. Personally, I don't think she's ready, but I can let her go and wait until the holidays to see her again. It's not like we see much of her now anyway.

Hope to add more positive posts in the near future (read: the house is sold), but not yet.
Have a great week!

1 Comments:

Blogger September said...

Ahh, yes... letting go. My youngest left a month ago. He's only an hour away, and for now still coming home every weekend. That will change eventually, but I'm glad of it for now.

You still have a long way to go...

August 02, 2007 12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home