Thursday, August 02, 2007

Solid Offer!

We received a solid offer on the house on the 31st. A family with 4 children. Husband has just returned from a tour of duty in Iraq. Incidentally, that was the deadline I had set before I pretty much gave up on selling the house... just like God, huh!?

Not sure if all the inspections and other details will go smoothly yet. Don't expect any issues, but you never know. I found out that the neighbors house had radon issues when it was sold 2 years ago and the owners had to put in a $2000 system before it could be sold. If that happens to me, I'll take it as a sign that we are to sell the "new" home and move back (I'll pay for the remediation for us, but not as a condition of sale). I'm thinking we could save a good bit of money if we went back to the old house, so I guess I'm looking for an excuse now. There's such finality in SOLD. I'm having letting go issues. ;-)

Went to prayer breakfast this morning and brought my oldest son. His first time there. He told me that he enjoyed it. I reminded him of the need for discretion concerning anything mentioned in prayer. I think he (now) has the maturity to handle some of the more sensitive issues. I really hope so anyway. He's SO ready to be considered a man. Not quite old enough, but SO close.

We followed the breakfast with a trip to the paintball store. He needed a new helmet and CO2 valve. $70 later... guess that takes care of birthday for 2007.
He had saved and bought the gun for himself and I was proud of him for that, so it wasn't really that painful. Plus, he's been waiting on ME to get the parts for the gun (for a few months now believe it or not!) and shown real patience. We fired about a hundred paintballs to test the gun out. Now to find the time to get together with his friends for some fun.

Gotta get going for work. I'll update later on the house situation as it progresses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home