Monday, August 08, 2005

New Reading Material

Has it really been a week since my last post?!
I spent Friday and Saturday in Allentown, PA recharging my Drum & Bugle Corps batteries! What a fantastic time! I really miss doing that all summer. The kids are all tan and in such good shape. What a workout that was.
I do remember the negatives though... lack of sun protection, long hours of practice, sleeping on gym floors (un air conditioned usually), long bus rides.
But the show was the thing. 12 minutes of power and entertainment for crowds of anywhere from 3000 to 40000. That's what made it worthwhile. That and the killer chops I took back to "regular" band in the fall!

I took lots of pictures, but most of them came out blurry. I guess it was the excitement. That or the dehydration. I didn't drink enough water on Friday and it was really hot and humid. Especially in the stands where the breeze was not very much. I did better on Saturday. Drank lots and lots of water throughout the day.

I got to see my kid at the show. Not actually one of mine, but one that I sponsor. He plays euphonium with Crossmen. He looked fantastic! I think he's dropped something like 45 pounds this summer and is in great shape.
There is another one that I have a vested interest in (although not financial). She marched in Seattle Cascades. It was great to see her as well! I watched her marching their show and she had prime real estate the whole time. When I was marching, the front of the field was the best place (most recognition, best visual, etc.). Here's a picture of them both and me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home