Tuesday, July 05, 2005

How quickly the year is passing...

I am totally amazed that we are already in the second half of the year!

Seems only yesterday that I was shovelling snow in January. Now I'm digging dirt and sweating early in the morning.

I'm at work presently. Night 5 of 6. Then I get one day off which will be filled with work in the back of the house. I've got to get that hole in the ground filled in and tamped so that we can move along with the next project.

Next up is a deck off the kitchen. Along with that comes some landscaping and work on the bare patches in the yard.

Also on the short list is work in all three bathrooms. The upstairs toilet is leaking. This is probably due to not sitting exactly level on the floor. I will need to get a pro to make sure the flange is set right. This will cost some cash, but will be done right. The basement toilet needs new guts. I think I can take care of that one. Then there is the 1st floor powder room. We need to gut and redo that one. Gotta fix the other ones first, though.

Slowly but surely the work is getting done. There is so much that goes into ownership. Oh well. The value of the house increases with each project.

More later in the week. Hope all are having a blast in their short work week. You can have the days off. I'll work them for you! 93 hours this week (counting the 16 for holiday)! Should make for a nice paycheck - to spend on all the home improvements.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home