Monday, July 25, 2005

Getting ready... or not.

We are supposed to be leaving in the morning for Knoebels by around 8:30. I just now started thinking of what I might like to take.

Cell phone
Digital cameras
VHS-C camera
charger packs
extra batteries
2way radios (don't have those batteries and will need to buy some)
a couple of changes of clothes
extra shoes
swimming suit (good thing the kids bought me a new tent for Father's Day)
towel
tooth brush and paste
deoderant
soda and ice
snacks for the drive
cash
more cash
plastic

That should be enough. That list is crazy with electronics. What ever happened to just going somewhere and not taking anything?
Imagine how long that list would be if we were camping as originally planned.
I think my wife is planning some food stuff for actual meals. That should save some money.
I don't remember when we last filled the van (read Sherman tank) with fuel. That should cost us about $60!

How will I ever survive two and a half days with no internet? I haven't gone that long in a year or so. If I had a laptop, I would probably log on at the hotel. I'm going to be totally unplugged!

Gotta go pay some bills that will come due while we are gone. I'll update when we get back.

2 Comments:

Blogger fatchans said...

That's kinda funny, Matt - how I haven't even made a list yet thinking "I'll only be gone for two weeks. What could I possibly need to pack?"

I went grocery shopping today, and was about to buy the usual quantities, when I realized that we were going away - so I quickly recalculated what we would need until we left and then I realized that I was going to be home so soon that probably the milk wouldn't even go bad in the fridge...

It's a matter of perspective, I guess. I'm so used to packing and leaving for four years. Gotta get THAT outta my head.

July 27, 2005 1:28 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

How was the trip????

July 30, 2005 10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home