Saturday, July 23, 2005

Almost done!

It was a killer week at work. Unfortunately, I brought some of that frustration home. The family really doesn't deserve to hear me rant about work in the evenings. That's what this blog is for.

Day shift is the worst for me. I had so much frustration with coworkers this week that I almost walked out. That's crazy, I know. Especially when I remember how hard it is working out in the real world. This job has it's share of garbage, but the work is really easy for the most part and the pay is industry standard which is fairly good. I much prefer working nights. My wife doesn't care for it, though. I think it has something to do with having to keep the kids quiet while I sleep during some of the day. Fair enough. She does a great job of it, though.

I'm ready for the fall temperatures to start now. These 90° days are killing me! The only thing I will miss is being able to drive my car. I truly am a fall/spring person with a little winter thrown in. I have very little love for summer. Except for the extreme air conditioning... I love that part.

Next week is the family trip to Knoebels. The kids are really excited about it. Well, most of them. My second daughter has become a little more peer dependant and has expressed displeasure that she can't bring any of her friends along. I told her that it was ok with me if her friends' families brought them... I think it will be a lot of fun. We haven't been in a few years. This will be the first year there that my wife will be able to ride the rollercoasters. She's real excited about that. She can have them. I don't like coasters. Probably a control issue.
The Twister

























The Phoenix















Gotta get some rest this weekend so that I will be able to stand around holding everything while the kids run around riding rides all day. I won't mind. Just watching them play will be a blast for me.
Gotta go start that rest now. Maybe I'll blog more later.

5 Comments:

Blogger fatchans said...

Went and found Knoebel's on maps.google - to see how far away it is from Grampa's farm. It's only 80 miles away, but the estimated time of travel is over two hours! Gotta love those PA backroads...

I really wish I could introduce you all to Grampa.

July 23, 2005 10:24 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

I WANT TO GO!!! :) Those roller coasters look INCREDIBLE! :) hehehehe

Hope you and the fam has fun!

July 23, 2005 10:44 PM  
Blogger September said...

I love rollercoasters! I don't like heights, but I like rollercoasters... lol. I hate ferris wheels, I think cuz they are too slow and they always stop while you're at the top and you have to just sit there, swinging back and forth in your seat. I look down and I get terrified! *shivers* With rollercoasters, you don't have time to think about it, you just keep moving... scared, but in a different way. It's exhilarating, not terrifying.

Okay, I'm just weird... and I'm babbling... haha...

Have a great time!

July 24, 2005 12:42 AM  
Blogger Slicer said...

Y'all ought to come out, John!! The park is pay as you go or full admission. Which ever you prefer. We do a combination since I don't ride many rides, I just buy tickets. There is no general admission, so if you don't ride, you don't have to pay.

Emily, haven't you already had your time at an amusement park this year ;-P

#9, babble away! I'm glad you stopped by. I think my wife and you would enjoy riding together, since I don't do coasters.

July 24, 2005 6:13 AM  
Blogger The Great Mooski said...

I hate ferris wheels, too!!

September, you gotta come back to TX and ride the Titan!!! It's so cool (the first hill scares Dillon to death, but he ends up loving it).

I hate coasters that beat you around. In my experience, wooden coasters do that. Those you posted look really cool, Matt, but I don't know if I'd like them that much just b/c of that. :-( I'd be willing to try em out, though!!!

I've been to Six Flags twice this year (I think) and have ridden maybe 4 rides. We generally go b/c there's a concert we want to see. We'll stand in line for the Titan, but the rest really aren't worth the 2 hour wait. I hate that, though. I wish it was pay as you go. That would be awesome! I also wish half of Texas would just stay home so we could ride something more for a change ;-). I'm hoping Dillon and I can go back, though. Maybe after school starts and when the days cool off a little. I think they're open on weekends thru October. Sounds good to me!!!

Matt, hope you guys have a blast!

July 25, 2005 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home