Thursday, July 14, 2005

Finally got the hole filled in!!

It took what seemed like forever, but with help from the kids, I was able to finally get that water proofing hole filled in and tamped today. What a major hassle that was! I think if I ever do that type of project again, I will hire someone to do it.

Now we are ready to procede with the deck addition. I want to add a 12' X 16' deck off the kitchen. Can't seem to get the contractor to give me his estimate. He came by almost 2 weeks ago. We already have one quote that is through the roof. I'm hoping this second guy is lower, or I may have to give it a try myself.

Me and the boys are experienced at digging after all... Maybe I can get a city engineer to come by and let me know what I need for footers. He could probably give me a good idea as to whether or not I can handle it.

I went by General Motors this morning to see if there were any Solstice's around. I have heard rumours that they are going to start delivering them in a couple of weeks. I really need to get back to my dealer and make sure he actually ordered mine. If he hasn't, I will look for another dealer. From what I read on the solstice forums, everyone else was able to order the package they wanted and they actually got paperwork with it. I didn't get that kind of service from the local dealer. I'm not real confident in them. I'll check tomorrow.
In the mean time, here are a couple of pictures taken this morning. This is one of the "test mule" cars that has been on the road for a while. They have been using them to get all the bugs worked out.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home