Saturday, July 16, 2005

Since no one else that I read is updating...

I guess they are all too busy enjoying their summer while I'm stuck in the office or catching up on my sleep.

All the extra hours are really starting to wear on me. So far this year, I've worked my regular 14 - 12 hour shifts a month (total of 94 shifts which is 1128 hours). In addition to that, I have worked 460.5 hours of overtime. That makes 1588.5 hours (or so) for the year. 28 weeks gone in the year, so that averages 56.7 hours a week, every week. At this rate, I will work 2948.4 hours this year. For the normal 40 hour/week person, 2080 hours is the total for the year. I will work 908.4 hours more than the normal person! Of course, I'm not normal...

I praise the Lord for providing a job where I can earn enough to take care of the family He has given me. I praise Him for allowing me to have some play time and a few toys to enjoy myself. I really don't deserve the good stuff. I am human trash by all standards. God has just chosen to be merciful and given a huge measure of grace.

I have not been in much of a spiritual mood these last months. Can you tell? This is quite a rut I've gotten myself into. Motivation to read scripture is very low. I believe I am starving my spirit. Pray for me - that I will feel the hunger that is crying out inside. I have started reading John Piper's book - Don't Waste Your Life. Kind of a tough read, but definately something I needed. What a tragedy it would be if I wasted my whole life living for me. I hope to provide some impact reports along the way as this book affects me.

Just wanted to give a few shout out's:

To Emily - I'm more of an "A1" guy myself ;-) No Norweigian here as far as I know. I like your hair too!

And for Missy - you totally rock! I wish my teen years were spent seeking as you do. you really bless me with how much you love the Lord.

#9 - you missed a Friday :-p Empty nest is not far away, huh? Well, look on the bright side, you can travel on tour with SCC soon. lol! Or at least take trips and get together with all your cyber friends for coffee. I look forward to seeing you on the east coast soon!

Dallas - Congrats! Love her as Christ loves the church!

John, I know that preparations for your trip and your daily work routine are taking a toll. I'm really praying for you, brother! Wish I could take the flight with you so that we could talk a bit. *I like the mustache*

Jeremy! Where are you anyway!? I need an update on where you and the family are gonna settle. Praying for clarity for you and for the Lord to make the choice unmistakable.

MikeM... It's summer man! You should be much more visible! Your lounge chair on the deck is starting to dry rot!

Amy, when is the baby due? I think you and Dillon will make great parents! On the job training is the only way to fly.
*clarification so that everyone doesn't flood Amy's inbox - she isn't pregnant (yet) ^o^ !!!*

These are my friends and I blame Steven Curtis Chapman.

7 Comments:

Blogger September said...

Shame on you, Matt! LOL! I was reading your shout-outs and I get to Amy's and go "WHAT?!?!?!" Hahahaha... good thing you put that little disclaimer there. I thought I missed something... :-P

Yeah, I realized this morning that I'd missed a Friday... lol. It was a busy day at work... ;-)

I don't think I'm the touring kind, but traveling to visit cyber friends... now THAT I would love! If only I had the money. *sigh* And if only people weren't so spread out! Y'all gotta move closer together... hahaha.

July 16, 2005 3:10 PM  
Blogger fatchans said...

I went to Amy's blog to see if I had missed something.

Matt - you made me look. ha ha.

Amy, you have my permission to transfer the "goob of the year" award to Matt. I relinquish it about as graciously as an unequivocal goob might be expected to. Did I just leave a dangling participle? Oh well. I didn't mean to. OOps I did it AGAIN!

July 16, 2005 6:50 PM  
Blogger Slicer said...

All my angst and all you see is the preggers comment about Amy...
That's ok. Kind of the diversion I meant it to be. lol!
Now I'm waiting for Amy to show up.

July 17, 2005 6:02 AM  
Blogger fatchans said...

I enjoy your angst, too, Matt. Keep it up.

July 17, 2005 5:33 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

YES - you directed us all to forgo your angst and holler "WHAT?!" when reading the comment about Amy. But now that you've calmed our surprised expressions... I agree with John. I enjoy your angst, too.

Thanks for the shout out. And thanks for updating while we're all stuck with lousy internet that won't connect... oh. THat's just me. Oops.

Big hugs to you. God is with you and drawing nearer even as you feel like you've pulled yourself away.

July 17, 2005 6:19 PM  
Blogger The Great Mooski said...

I would say I'm honored to grace the content of your blog but.......................................

At least you put in the disclaimer :-p.

I hope they put off production til December. Ha!!

*just kidding*

I can't believe the nutty amount of hours you work. Then again, I guess it matches the nutty amount of arrows in your quiver ;-). I know I wouldn't make it. God has truly blessed you. I know you may not feel worthy..but the way you provide for your family is amazing (Yes, I know it's essential, but not many would even try).

I will update my blog soon.

July 19, 2005 2:21 AM  
Blogger Slicer said...

Took 'ya long enough to get here, Amy! lol!

July 20, 2005 10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home