Monday, August 15, 2005

Monday!!

For those not so happy to be at work this morning, I give you this link. I know you've probably seen it before, but it will make your day better. Trust me.

And don't forget your dose of the Daily Dancer.

I went fishing with three of my sons yesterday. We only went out for a little while and I forgot my fishing license, so I couldn't fish anyway. They got to do it and that was good enough. I usually end up baiting hooks and replacing lures most of the time anyway. Soon they will be able to do it themselves, though and we will all be able to have more fun. Didn't catch anything, but the time in God's creation was good.

I have a few pictures that I'm hosting on photobucket of the concert this weekend. Revelation Generation was a success and I plan to add it to my regular summer routine as long as the crowds don't get too huge. I'll just link you instead of posting the pics. It's easier today. Go here.

Barlow Girl and Skillet were awesome! I was a little disappointed with Katinas. They didn't get very funky ;-) Paul Colman did a great job of engaging the audience and making up lyrics on the fly.
There were two negatives from the day, though. The heat/humidity and the price of the food. I know they can't do anything about the weather, but they could easily have required their vendors to lower prices by about 40% without any problem. I mean come on! $3.00 for a plain hotdog!? $4.00 for a hamburger!? $2.50 for anything from the ice cream truck!? It's just wrong! More like robbery to me. I think they would sell plenty more and make ample profit with lower prices. I know I would have bought more.
One more thing... souvie prices at these concerts need to come down a little too. I've been to shows where you could get a CD for $10 and a shirt for $12. I think many more folks would buy them at those prices (vs. CD - $15 and shirt - $15 to $25). I know I would, anyway. Seriously! I would have bought a shirt from each artist if they would price them cheaper. I know they get them for around $6 each if they buy in bulk (as they should). $4-6 is good enough for profit.

So I guess that was three things.

I saw an old friend from high school at the show. I haven't seen Bill in probably 9 years. We used to be best friends. Different paths, I guess. He's just now starting his family. Been with the same girlfriend (now wife) for close to 24 years. Has two adorable daughters that kept him very busy at the show. I think he got tired and decided to leave early, 'cause when we got back to the chairs from jammin' to Skillet, he had left a note saying g'bye. No phone number or address, though. I have no idea where they are living. Guess I'll just have to wait for the next random meeting...

Well, that's enough for today. I'm working day shift this week. Pray for me! You all know I prefer not to be around these guys on days. I like nights so much better.

Don't forget to pray for John and his family in Ethiopia. I haven't heard anything from them, so I'm hoping they are having a good time.

4 Comments:

Blogger September said...

Nice pics! I'm glad you had a good time. :-)

It's too bad that your old friend disappeared without leaving any contact information. That's kinda sad. Must seem kinda strange that he is just starting his family, eh? I have classmates that have really young children, and it's so weird for me, because my oldest 2 are in the 20's. My sister-in-law is just a few months younger than me, and she just became a grandma about a month ago. I look forward to that SOME DAY.... lol. Just not quite yet. ;-)

August 16, 2005 12:31 PM  
Blogger Slicer said...

Even though he started his family so much later than me, I still have kids that are the same age as his! LOL!

August 16, 2005 6:49 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

And then there's MY friends who have kids and I'm not even married yet!!! :) Good pics, Matt.

BTW - I'd never seen that video before... IT CRACKED ME UP!!! :)

August 16, 2005 9:34 PM  
Blogger Slicer said...

That video has made the rounds on the net. I just thought it would be nice to post it again for my readers.
Don't sweat the marriage/kids thing, Emily. It'll come in time (or not). Kind of out of our control anyway. Maybe I'll ship you a couple of mine that have gotten on my nerves. A trip out to the west would do them good. I'll send them by covered wagon. ;-)

August 17, 2005 11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home