Friday, August 12, 2005

Time passes much too quickly

So I'm sitting here looking at old Chicago videos and thinking "Where has the time gone?" Not just this week, but my whole life. I really miss some of the stuff that I used to do. I've missed out on a lot of opportunities.
Then I think of that book by John Piper that I've been reading about not wasting your life and that puts a whole 'nother perspective on it. Missed opportunities to bring folks into the Kingdom. Even missed opportunities to give a reason for why I believe the way I do.
Has my life been wasted? Would the Lord be pleased with what I've been doing with the time He's given me? Lately, I really don't think so.
I have been getting out to the Thursday morning men's breakfast fairly regularly these last few weeks. I think that's the most contact I've had with "church" type activities in a while. Strange how far (and how easily) I've gotten away. Hope this doesn't shock my readers too much. I've really struggled over the last 3-4 years because of some things that happened in the life of my oldest daughter and the churchs' response (or lack of).
I think we all know how easy it is to get out of the habit of going to church and reading the Bible and praying regularly. I don't think I've ever really stopped praying, just not getting much further than the ceiling.
For the sake of my kids (and wife) I need to find a church home where we can get plugged back in again. It's just so hard to get out in the mornings though... and all the other excuses. Pray for me. Pray that I will lead as the Lord instructs. Pray that I will continue to heal and be able to minister to my family.

Don't forget to pray for John (and his family) as he is in Ethiopia these weeks. For safety and emotional healing. And for some fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home