Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The year is flying by!

Hard to believe it's already the 14th of May!

Emily, I wish we could arrange to go the whole way to the left coast! I'd love to meet you in person. If I could take the time (and afford the fuel) I think that would make a great vacation. I've always wanted to tour the whole country.

So... speaking of fuel. The cost of a gallon has increased another $.15 this week. At this rate, the gas companies will definitely reach the predicted $4 per gallon by the start of summer. The goal was put before them by suggestive media and they are doing their best to make those prognosticators right. Sure would like to see this same media make them go the other way!


For every dime the cost of fuel goes up, our trip will cost us another $36. So far, we're looking at over $100 in the last couple of weeks. Guess all this overtime is a good thing.

I'm looking forward to getting away for a couple of weeks. We'll be visiting family and just slowing down a bit for a few days. No baseball or softball games. No school or work. I'm not looking forward to the drive time too much, but maybe I'll be able to get in some quality conversation with my wife and kids. That or catch up on my sleep while someone else drives a bit.

One month from tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home