Sunday, May 04, 2008

More Overtime!

I just picked up two more nights! WOOHOO!
Looks like we'll be able to take that trip to Minnesota after all.

With current gas prices, it was going to be cost prohibitive to make the trip, but now that I've gotten the extra overtime, not so much. Still, it will probably cost us close to $1400 just in fuel!

It's been quite a few years since we made the trip last. The kids barely remember it, but what they do remember is positive, so I'm hoping that will get them through close to 30 hours of drive time each way.

Obviously I haven't been here much as of late. For some reason, I've been pretty much offline except for very short excursions to a few sites. I miss my online friends. Funny how life takes turns and we get involved in other things. I wonder if John will ever stop in and say hi?

Baseball/Softball season is at full speed. I've only got three kids playing, but that still amounts to 3-5 nights out. The kids are enjoying it, though.

I've got a few kids that are struggling academically this year. Most of the struggle is due to them being lazy and not wanting to do the work. Very frustrating for me and their Mom. Not much time left to get the grades up. Hopefully I'll be able to adequately motivate them so they can finish strong and not have to take summer school.

I've been informed by my doctor that I need to cut out as many carbs from my diet as possible. This is to get my cholesterol under better control. Actually my problem is triglycerides. I've been taken off all my meds except for thyroid. My doc is hoping the low carbs and increased exercise will do the trick. I sure hope so. I'm glad to be off the meds. They were kind of expensive. I weighed myself a few weeks ago and weighed the most ever in my life. Kind of scary! I knew I had gained because my back hurt whenever I walked much. This week I got on the scale again and I'm down 7 pounds. I'm already noticing the difference in my back. 40 more to go and I'll be at a decent weight to manage. I'll take it slow, but am hoping it falls off quickly!

Thats enough for now. I'll try to update more often.

1 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Too bad you guys didn't make the trip to MN a few years ago--when I was there! LOL Why not add a few more states and head out to WA? giggle

May 04, 2008 10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home