Friday, February 22, 2008

Finally some snow!

It's not much and it won't be there by afternoon, but we finally have a couple of inches of snow on the ground! I LOVE snow! I love walking in it, driving in it and playing in it. I wish we could have more of it.

I know some of my readers have had their fill of snow for life and I'm sorry about that, but where I live, we don't get much and I celebrate when we do!

On another note... from the realm of what goes around comes around... Remember a few posts back when my youngest was assisted into the fireplace by one of his siblings (and by this I mean pushed - although it was accidentally)? Well, said sibling was laughing and scratching (an expression used by my college band director when we were fooling around at practice) in the living room and somehow got his feet crossed up and (you guessed it!) fell head first into the fireplace. Or rather onto the hearth of the fireplace. Split his forehead open! I wasn't there this time and at the time of the injury, neither was my wife!! She arrived a few minutes after it happened. My third daughter took care of things in the mean time. The boy ended up with 7 stitches and will now have a scar on his once blemish-free face.

I somehow missed getting these types of injuries as a boy. I waited until I was an adult to split my skull open and break bones. Oh well, I guess they saw all the fun I had with it and decided they wanted the same scars. Three of my sons have facial scars now similar to mine. A fourth has his on the back of his head. Six of my kids have broken bones in various locations and body parts. Several have had multiple broken bones.

On yet another note, today is my oldest son's birthday! I gave him his present on Monday since he needed it to work on his go cart. When I was younger, my Dad started giving me tools for birthdays and Christmas. The whole idea was that I would have most of the tools I needed once I was old enough to go out on my own. I thought this was a great idea and so I've decided to start doing the same with my sons. Don't think me sexist for not giving my girls tools. The reality of it is that they haven't needed them. I'm sure there will come a time when they do and I'll be sure to give them the tools at that time.

This is going to get expensive over the next 10 years as my sons (and daughters) age. But it will be worth it!

This is what I gave my son. That's right! Craftsman, baby!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home