Sunday, January 13, 2008

Recovery and Rich Mullins

It's been odd being so out of touch with work for such a long period of time. Reality of it is that I don't miss it at all.

The surgery went well and without any complications. I now have no numbness in my fingers for the first time in years.

I had my 12 stitches removed a few days ago and it feels like my hand might split apart without the support. They taped the surface and say that the hand should continue healing well in the next few days. I'm wearing a brace to protect it.

I can't put much pressure on it at all. The Doctor says it'll be a couple more weeks before I get full use back. I think it'll be much longer.

I still plan to return to work full time on Sunday the 20th (day shift). I should be able to perform the majority of my tasks without assistance, although I don't think I'll be able to do a lot of grip and pull related activities with my left hand.

I'm bored and unable to tackle my list of chores, so I've been feeling kind of useless. Hopefully this changes as the healing progresses. Seems unfair to have all this time off from work and not be able to accomplish anything that needs doing around the house.

During my time off, I've been exploring GodTube videos and came upon some old concert footage from Rich Mullins. Seeing this old footage reminds me of how much I've loved Rich's music over the years and of how the Lord has used this talented man (even in death) to minister to me.

Here's a link to a series of concert videos that someone posted. When one finishes, click on the "next" link under "User's other videos" for the next one. Some really great stuff to remind you of the great talent Rich had.

Rich Mullin's videos

1 Comments:

Blogger September said...

I've always loved Rich Mullins...

Prayers for your continued healing.

January 13, 2008 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home