Saturday, December 22, 2007

Happy Birthday!!

To two of my own precious kids! They were born on the same day, two years apart.
I'm stuck at work today, but will buy them each a little present on the way home.

I actually have done a little Christmas shopping this year. Not much, but a few things. The older the kids get, the more expensive the gifts seem to be. I've been able to pick up a few of the larger items they've wanted for years now. The kids were willing to get the stuff used (as long as it works!), so I went on Craigslist and found a 1 year old drum set (actually bought two, but will be reselling one of them) and a go kart. I'm looking at another go kart that seats 2 people.

I also bought one of those electric Razor scooters new, from Pep-boys.

Now I'll have to buy some helmets for safety.

Bought a digital camera for one of my girls.

Will be buying a set of Carharts (cold weather jacket and bib overalls) for my 2nd daughter. She'll need them for working out in the cold as she trains and cares for horses. Speaking of my 2nd daughter... she has transferred from the college in South Carolina to one in New Jersey. Much closer to home and probably better suited to her (current) major.

Still lots of stuff to buy. I always wait until the last few days for some reason.
My wife and I will not be exchanging gifts this year. That will free up the cash for the kids. Although, I will still try to buy her something.

I started off the season feeling mildly depressed and not wanting to go through the whole ordeal. Pretty much wanted to just forget about it all. I'm feeling a little better now that Christmas is upon us. Still struggling a bit with the stress of all the work hours I'm putting in, but I think I have a little joy now. I've gone blog visiting and left some playful comments to my friends. Sometimes you just have to choose to be happy.

Maybe I'll watch "It's A Wonderful Life" tonight. "Buffalo gals won't ya come out tonight..."

2 Comments:

Blogger September said...

Your comment on my blog made me laugh! :-)

Glad you're starting to feel better. Merry Christmas to you and your family, Matt. Have a great one!

December 22, 2007 12:28 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

LOL, me too. And NOW? I'm starting to sing with you. hahha Buffalo gals won't you come out tonight... and dance by the light of the moooooon..

:)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

December 22, 2007 7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home