Tuesday, December 18, 2007

7 Days Left!

Hard to believe that there are only 7 days left until Christmas!

My wife and I are going shopping today after I take a short nap. I've been at work all night and am having a hard time keeping my eyes open. Hope the drive home is uneventful...

I picked up a nice used go kart yesterday. It needs a little work on the engine and will be a good gift for the boys (and girls) to share. They should be surprised. They have almost given up on having one since I've always said no until now. I got a really good deal on it. Now I need to buy a helmet to go with it.

Lots of gifts to buy and not a lot of time to do it. Sounds like the typical Christmas rush to me. Some day, I'd like to try being organized and getting it done closer to Thanksgiving.

I'll be working 12 hours every day (or night) from the 20th thru the 30th. I guess that's one way to pay for all the gifts. One of the guys at work has worked the last 6 Christmas Eves and I figured I'd give him a chance to be home with family this year. I'm also covering for another guys vacation for three days.

I'll be taking most of January off due to having carpul tunnel surgery on my left wrist on New Year's Eve. Pray for me if you think of it. I'm not real good with pain and the doctor says that this will be sore for a good while. Hopefully it will work as far as eliminating the pressure on that nerve and giving me better sensitivity to my fingers again. Also it should eliminate or greatly reduce the numbness in my fingers.

I'll have to type my posts with one hand for a while, but I'll try to update regularly.

2 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Remember to take some time to remember the peace and grace and beauty in Christmas. :)

BTW - go kart? COOL.

December 18, 2007 11:38 PM  
Blogger Slicer said...

Good reminder, Em.
Lots to do, but it is essential to take some time to reflect.

December 19, 2007 5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home