Monday, May 23, 2005

Long Week Ahead!

Today starts a very long week for me. I will be working 6 twelve hour shifts this week! Day shift is the worst rotation in this building. There are so many nuisance calls. People really don't want to take care of the basics themselves. I imagine that I will be playing "mother" to quite a few irresponsible "adults" this week.

That said, I plan to do some internet research this week in search of a cheaper way to get my midlife crisis car purchased. I've been looking at Honda S2000's that are used. I can get one that is a couple of years old with @ 22000-25000 miles on it for almost $10,000 less than a new one. That puts it closer to the cost of a new Solstice. The difference is I can get the used Honda NOW and not have to wait until September or later to get the Solstice. And even then, they are only issuing in certain colors, so if you don't want to wait longer, you have to basically take what you can get! Can you believe that!? In this day and age of car building, where there is minimal material staging and storage due to "just in time" production, you should be able to get what you want right off the line.

So anyway, I'm looking at other options right now for that summer blockbuster automobile.

In other news, I have decided to make definate plans to get out to Knoebels with the family for a couple of days in July. We've been there before and it is a wonderful family oriented park with camping facilities that are good as well.

I won't be able to get to the family reunion (my wife's side of the family) next month. They didn't nail down a date soon enough and I had to commit to some overtime at work. Everyone else can go, so hopefully they will have fun.

Still planning a trip to Alabama in August. While there, I plan to look over Mom's land and talk with the management guy about me finding a way to purchase about 1000 acres of timberland over the next 10 years to build my retirement income and provide an inheritance for the kids. If I can line it up right, I will be able to retire in 10 years from the workforce and just manage the timber. Also on the trip, I will stop by Auburn University with my daughter to check out the college for her. She is interested in seeing their Equestrian program and the rest of the campus with the potential of continuing the family tradition of attending/graduating from this great school.

If all goes well, I hope to get a little relaxation time in this summer as well. Only time will tell what the Lord has in store for the next couple of months. I hope to be able to get to lots of games and a few horse shows in support of the kids.

I can sleep plenty after retirement. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home