Thursday, May 19, 2005

Today is the big day...

... for the release of the last Star Wars episode. My son is going nuts! He really wanted to go to the theatres to see it. Actually, 3 of my boys were bugging me about it. I think I've convinced them to wait and pool their money so they can buy the DVD when it comes out. Then they can watch it a million times and get their money's worth. Gonna be a long wait though.

Hard to believe it's been 10 days since I updated this thing. Time really seems to fly. I've been working a lot and that takes up my thoughts quite a bit, so please excuse the neglect.

I'm in the middle of a five night run. Then I get a day off and switch to day shift for six more. Hope I can make it without total burnout. I think if the shifts were only eight hours, I could handle them easily. It's the twelve hour's that gets me.

Baseball and softball games continue. My daughter is playing 4 games this week to make up for missed ones (re-scheduling). She's happy to play finally, but I know she will be tired by Sunday. She's getting a lot more aggressive on the ball lately which has been showing up in much better hitting. The boys continue to improve. Seeing much faster pitching this year than they are used to since they have moved up to the majors. It has taken them a while to catch up. Hope they can finish strong. My youngest son (that's playing-in AA) has been picked for the all star team for his age group. Pretty neat since the season is only halfway over. He really has been hitting the best on his team and probably the best in the family. I really want to get out to more games in the next couple of weeks.

Due to the work schedule, I have determined that I will be missing the family vacation in Virginia this year. Not much could be done to salvage it. Everyone else will be going. I will stay behind and generate the funds for the family to live on. I'm sorry to miss this trip, but the time by myself will be nice too. I have a lot to do around the house and this may give me time to do some of it without the kids around.

Speaking of work around the house. We have contracted to have the driveway replaced. That will happen in June. We are also getting estimates to replace the Heater and Air Conditioner. This could happen as soon as next week. The deck guy comes for an estimate tomorrow. Then I need to get some topsoil for the backyard and till it in to the old pool area (sandy) so that we can get some grass growing. I need to reflash the roof on the addition and possibly replace the shingles on that area. The skylights need to be sealed better, too. Once all that is done, we can redo the ceiling and walls in the kitchen and breakfast area. Next will come new wood laminate flooring in the kitchen and replacement carpet everywhere else (where there is carpet already). Sure is a lot of work, but it will make the house so much nicer and increase the resale value. I also want to build a sleeping area in the basement for a couple of the boys.

And then there is the car... I still haven't made up my mind. The Pontiac Solstice has been in production delay. They are saying it will be September before any are ready now. I don't know if I want to wait that long. I could probably buy a Mustang GT or Honda S2000 in time for summer cruising. I just can't make up my mind. I will go test drive the Honda later this week.

Well, that's enough for y'all to digest in this serving. More to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home