Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Variety of items...

Kind of a jumble flowing out of my mind tonight.

I've been driving my 2007 Pontiac Solstice a bit more now that the weather is better. I've actually crossed over the 2000 mile mark. One thing I'm noticing is that my gas mileage is improving with each tank. This is great news considering the price of gas now. Started out getting about 24 mpg. Last tank was 28.2 mpg! Hope this trend continues!
This is a fun car to drive, but there really isn't enough space for stuff. Gotta travel light...

Our old house hasn't sold yet. There are a couple of families interested, so hopefully we will have a couple of offers this week. I'm anxious to get it sold. I'm tired of telling my kids that we can't afford this or that. I sometimes wonder if I got out ahead of the Lord on this one. Maybe I wasn't supposed to make this move at this time.
After we settle on the house, I plan to refinance the loan on the log home and take some equity out to pay off a couple of other bills and then start the search for a property to flip. This will start the process of paying down the mortgage until it is gone. I'll also use the profits from flipping houses to pay for college for one of my kids. She is psyched about going away to school! I'm happy too. I'll miss her, but this will be a great move for her. She's ready (I think). I just wish she'd done a little scholarship hunting...

The property at the new home is really greening up this week. The leaves are all popping out and filling in. We are starting to be more isolated and private again. Can't see the neighbors house any more. I love the way it looks. Just need to get out there and pick up the dead wood and eliminate the weeds and briars and low-ground cover. I think we'll do well this Spring and Summer making the area look better. Lots of grass to cut as well. Still a lot of boxes to go through. I hope I can bring myself to get rid of a lot of the stuff. I really don't want to continue being such a packrat.

Work is still the same. I'm not a real social person and don't enjoy dealing with some of the people, but the pay is good and the work load is light. I think I'll try to keep this job for a while longer.

My brother and sister-out-law are up for the week. They brought a car up with them that I will buy for the kids to drive. The price is right and it's low miles. Belonged to my sister-out-laws parents. They also brought their kids (read: dogs). They have four dogs now. Two Great Pyrenees, and two mutts. The fourth one adopted them just a couple of weeks ago. She was really thin and scared. Not doing too bad now. I'm thinking of adopting her from them. She has short hair and seems to be disciplined fairly well. From what my brother says, she hasn't had any accidents in the house and is kennel trained.

This is what a Great Pyrenees looks like. I can't find any pictures of what the mutts look like.



















Well, that's about it for now. I'll be off work for a couple of days. Lots to do around the house and yard. Hopefully the weather will stay nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home