Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The death of a saint


























A precious one has gone home to be with the Lord. Kaylyn Warren died this morning after spending the last few days of her life here on Earth at home with her family. In October of 2005, she was diagnosed with Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia. Throughout her fight, she showed forth the love of Christ. Her witness was strong the whole time as she suffered through treatments and setbacks. I only hope that I could have a fraction of her faith.

We prayed for her many times over the 17 months of her illness. We will continue to pray for the family she leaves behind.

I don't fully know how or why, but this young girl has impacted me. She graduated last year from the school where my kids go. I don't know the family other than occasionally seeing them at the school in the past.

Her faithful witness has touched the lives of many all around the world.
Rest, Kaylyn.

If you are interested in reading about her fight against Leukemia, you can visit her Caring Bridge site. Click where it says "Visit", type in Kaylyn and click the "visit" button.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home