Friday, March 09, 2007

Happy Anniversary to Me!

Actually, my anniversary was yesterday, but I'm just now getting to the computer. That's 22 years of "holy headlock" as SCC says.

According to this website:
March - If you wed when March winds blow, joy and sorrow both you'll know.

I would have to agree, but I also think it's true for marriages any month.

According to this website:
The present for the 22nd anniversary is copper.
Hmmmmmmmm... I've got some wire laying around here somewhere. Wonder if that will do?

I didn't actually buy my wife anything. Finances are a bit tight right now. I'm sure she understands. We did go out to a late lunch though. Bennigan's is where we went. We shared an appetizer of the Southwest Sampler. Looks good doesn't it?





I had the Monte Cristo sandwich and fries which were good. My wife ordered the 1/2 County Cork Club & Soup. Her sandwich was "Ham, turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato and Swiss and cheddar cheeses stacked on honey wheat bread and topped with Smoky Honey Dijon dressing". She had Potato soup. It looked real good.
We couldn't finish as usual, so we have leftovers. We didn't even bother ordering dessert.
So that pretty much covers that.
We've been dealing with injuries with the kids lately.
A couple of weeks ago, my oldest son came home from wrestling practice with a sore wrist. Apparently the guys were goofing off and one of them took a flying leap onto him. He barely deflected this kid and came away with a sprained wrist. We took him for x-rays just to be sure.
My third daughter is recovering from a concussion which she received as a result of a collision between her and another teammate at softball practice. The drill they were doing called for them to both run at the same location to pick up the ball and throw it to 1st. Not a smart thing to have two players run at each other. They modified the exercise after the injury so that the players each had a different ball to run for. We didn't realize it was a concussion until a couple of days later when she was complaining that the pain was getting worse rather than better. Seems she has bruised her brain pretty well. She was woozy for a couple more days, but is better now.
While my wife was taking daughter #3 to the hospital for a possible CAT scan, I got a call from Daughter #2. Seems she had been in an accident. She had run into the back of an 18 wheeler that was stopped at a light! Imagine going from 45mph to 0mph in a second... thank God for airbags! The truck driver must not have even noticed the crash, because he just drove off! I'm so glad the couple behind her stopped and stayed with her until a family friend was able to get there. By the grace of God, she was basically uninjured. The car is totaled. I may post a picture of it sometime soon. I haven't downloaded any pics in a long time. I drove up and picked her up and brought her home. She's sore all over, but recovering.
I hope all the injuries are done for now.
Pray for us! That we will be safe and careful.
God has definitely been protecting us from serious harm. Each of the kids injuries could have been so much worse... even death.
Praise the Lord for His mercy!

1 Comments:

Blogger September said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! I'm sure that your wife appreciated the late lunch. Getting out of the house and not having to cook is a gift in itself. ;-) Mmmm... The picture and your description of what you and your wife had to eat is making me very hungry... lol.

I'm glad that none of your children's injuries were serious! Yikes...

March 09, 2007 3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home