Monday, October 23, 2006

Moving!

Well, this is the week! I've finally been able to convince all parties involved that this is the best time to move (is there ever a good time to move?!). We have been taking stuff down with each trip for a little while, but this hasn't even dented the piles of things accumulated over the last 9 years in this house.

I'm not really looking forward to all the heavy lifting, but the alternative of paying professionals is not financially feasible.

My wife hurt her back a couple of weeks ago and she is visiting a chiropractor three times a week. She won't be able to help much with the lifting, but at least she will still be able to supervise packing and unpacking boxes.

The piano(s) movers will be at the house in the morning. We decided to have these items moved professionally. I've moved them before, but it really is taxing physically and I need all my energy for the rest of the stuff.

Looks like the major items (beds, chairs, tables, washer/dryer, etc.) will be moved on Thursday. I'll be getting off work that morning at 0600 and will be ready to go the whole day.

Fortunately, we don't have to do EVERYTHING in one day, but we really need to have all essentials moved so that there are minimal or no extra trips back for "something I forgot". I will finish up the rest of the little stuff over the next couple of weeks while renovations are going on to prepare the house for sale.

*Hey John! Now would be a good time to look into moving South! I know where you can get a good sized home for a reasonable price.

Seriously... if anyone knows of someone moving to my area (Delaware) in the next couple of months who needs housing, now would be a great time to contact me. The sooner the house is finished and sold, the better. Those extra mortgage payments are tough on a budget!

Pray for us! Not to be selfish, but pray more for me ;-) I've got a lot of lifting to do this week and I'm not in the shape I was the last time I helped someone move. I'm much rounder... lol!

I'm also interested in ideas for ways to "compensate" any volunteers we get to help out. Food? Movie Tickets? What would you want to receive as a thank you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home