Saturday, August 26, 2006

Update on the house

The roof is done except for a very small portion. It really looks nice. (I know... where's the pictures?!)

All 4 skylights are in and trimmed out.

The tile is being installed in the bathrooms and foyer.

Drywall is going up in my office and bathroom in the garage.

I've purchased all the appliances for the main kitchen.

We had a couple of benches built for the kitchen table and also had two platform beds built. The carpenter that did this for us is my former high school band director!

I'm waiting on a second estimate for the HVAC. Hoping to save a little on that, but I fear there will only be higher prices from anyone else.

We're hoping to move in Labor Day weekend. Not sure that'll happen, but it is a goal. If nothing else, we will have a cookout for the family and some of the contractors.

We are celebrating a couple of milestone birthdays this weekend. My Mom turned 75 today and my oldest turned 21 yesterday. Amazing how the years are flying by!

Pictures coming (when I get time to get on the home computer - which I haven't had on for a couple of weeks).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home