Thursday, August 17, 2006

Progress!

Logs are done! Now that contractor just needs to do some more caulking and a bit of staining to finish.

Roof is 1/2 done. Two skylights yet to cut in.

Windows going in today and tomorrow.

I've got a ton of pictures on the camera, but no time to download them to the computer... sorry. I'll try to do that this weekend.

We've hired a drywall contractor to repair some of the rooms and prep for paint. He will also drywall my new office, bath and storage room in the garage. This guy has already worked for me at my current home, so I'm confident he will do a good job. He quoted me a fair price as well.

Money is running short once we get everyone payed to date. I've got to come up with a few thousand more to make final payments. Please pray that I will be able to work enough to take care of these expenses. The cost of everything has increased so much in the last year! Praise: The Lord has been providing me with extra opportunities to pick up some extra hours. I got 5 more just last night. This weeks total is 89 hours. I will trust Him to continue to provide.

We will probably end up doing some of the finish work after we move in. This isn't what my wife wanted, but there is a need to compromise some in the name of saving a little money. We really need to get our 1st house on the market by mid-September. Before the market softens any more...

I promise to post some more pictures soon!

2 Comments:

Blogger fatchans said...

Hi Matt

I'm just soooo impressed with all you get done.

My blog was getting too boring to allow on cyberspace anymore, so I canned it. Maybe if something exciting happens, I'll post it on the pirate ship.

August 25, 2006 10:45 PM  
Blogger The Great Mooski said...

Matt..

You make me tired!!!!

Hope things continue to go well with the new house. You might just get a housewarming gift from me....something to the tune of a DVD that's waaaaaaaaaaaay overdue. Sorry about that. Do you have a different mailing address yet?

August 26, 2006 1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home