Monday, October 16, 2006

Still Closer!

Carpet's done! We were delayed a week, but now we're back on track.
The wood floor work will be done Wednesday and Thursday. Not sure why that got delayed...
Now all we have to do is finish painting and then we can move in!

It's really not that simple, but I'm trying to make it easier. We have two piano's to move in addition to all of our accumulated junk. Pray that we will have stamina to get it all done.

I need to order kitchen cabinets for the new section of counter that will eventually go in. We're kind of out of cash, so that will have to wait until we are already moved in.

We got the telephone hooked up today. Unfortunately, we won't be permitted to keep the phone number we've had for the last 19 years :-( Kind of a drag, but we are moving to a new zone (or whatever they call it).

There are still tons of little things that need to be finished inside, but the house is livable now and we can actually start moving stuff down. I figure we will move a little at a time until there is too much at the new house that we need and that will make us have to go.

We had a family bonfire on Saturday night. It was fun to get together and roast hotdogs and marshmallows. I forgot to get my mug of hot chocolate, though. Oh well, next time.

I've found another little property that I'm thinking of buying/fixing/selling. I have to get inside it and see what all is needed. If it all works out, I may be able to pocket $20,000-30,000 on this one. I've got to talk to someone about taxes on this type of activity before I get too deep into it. I want to do it all as a business and keep everything documented and above board.

I'll try to be a little more faithful with posting and including pictures. I'm such a bad blogger.

1 Comments:

Blogger September said...

"I'm such a bad blogger."

Actually I think you're doing better than the rest of us! LOL.

Glad to hear that it's all coming together and you'll be able to move in reasonably soon. How exciting!

October 16, 2006 8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home