Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Getting There

We weren't able to do any moving on Thursday as planned, but I did take the weekend off and we started on Friday.
We have moved about 70% of our possessions. I am amazed at how much we have managed to accumulate over the last 9 years (actually, we never opened a few boxes from our last move).

The family all stayed the night (the last two). It was nice and comfortable. I don't think any of the kids had problems. That's a real blessing. We still need to get the water system straightened out. The well water needs treatment for iron and a bit of sulfer smell. I'm looking into different treatment systems. Very costly, but necessary if you want to preserve your fixtures and drink from the tap. So for now, we are still showering at the old house.

I'm back at work tonight and catching up on the things that didn't get completed in my absence. It's not too bad, though. Kind of nice to get away from all the noise and frenzy of moving.

I'll be taking a truck load down to the new place every morning after I get off work for the next few days. Then a few hours of sleep and fix a few things or put some furniture together. Full days ahead, no doubt.

We're finally getting rid of the waterbed after 15 years. It's time to get a mattress that is better on our bodies. We were able to get a queen sized Serta Posturepedic from a local clearinghouse for $500. Hopefully that will help my wife's back issues. She is better, but I think the waterbed has made it worse.

Please continue to pray for us. There have been some bumps in the road. Some of the kids are not handling the relocation well. They feel that we are now too far away from friends and activities. New boundaries to adjust to as well. It's not Montana, so I don't know what their problem is. We're talking 25 miles! That's all! Pray that I will be sensitive and will find ways to help them adjust. Pray that I will be gentle and kind hearted. I'm tired and cranky lately and need to not let that color my interactions with the kids and my wife.

I'll get around to posting pictures sometime...
I've got to find a new internet service provider. There's no cable or DSL in our area, so I'm looking at satellite services. Something new to read up on. Just what I need - something to take more of my time.

I'm also looking into solar electric power generation. Not sure if we'll be able to totally cover our usage, but anything will help.

Thanks for reading and praying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home