Monday, September 05, 2005

Been taking a break...

I haven't posted in a while. Seems like I never have quite enough time to type out all I want to comment on and can't make myself just post something short.

Like my dismay at Auburn's horrible season opener against Georgia Tech. Just what I needed! Now my nephew has another year of bragging rights. Thanks goes out to the officiating "team" and to a slow starting defense. 27-0 at the half?!?! What's that all about!?

Then there was my trip up to Scranton, PA this weekend to see the Drum Corps Associates prelims. It was an excellent show except for the guy dying of a heart attack on the field... My prayers go out to his family and the Kilties Sr. Drum and Bugle Corps. Congratulations to the Reading Buccaneers on completing their season undefeated. I still think the San Francisco Renegades had the show with the most crowd appeal. Guess they weren't clean enough to win it all.

I've been avoiding most of my work around the house for months now, but it's time to get back to it. I built an enclosure for the trash cans today. I'll finish it in the next couple of days when I get a chance to pick up some hardware. The yard is in terrible condition and I need to get some topsoil so that I can seed in the next few weeks when the result will be best. Still waiting on some estimates for the new deck. I may end up doing that myself since I can't see paying $5-7000 for someone else to build it. It's only 16' x 12', with two steps and a couple of benches. Then theres the painting, floors, basement interior waterproofing, 1/2 bath rebuild and the extra bedroom in the basement... Can you see why I have been avoiding this list?

School starts tomorrow for the kids. I don't know that any of them are looking forward to it, but at least they will no longer complain about being bored. Soon they will complain about having too much work to do. ;-p I'm praying for a great year for them all. It's gonna be quite a ride!

Well, that's about it for tonight. I updated mainly because John asked us all to. Thanks for the nudge, John!
Praying for you all.

2 Comments:

Blogger fatchans said...

You're welcome, Matt.

No kidding - somebody died on the field? That's just too tragic to even imagine.

September 06, 2005 7:03 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Wow, that's sad about that death... my heart goes out to everyone around him.

I put an offer on a condo today. we'll see how that goes. Then I'll have a list of "to do's" but it won't even come CLOSE to rivaling yours - no outside!!! :)

September 07, 2005 12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home