Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Not that bad

That last post seemed a little depressing after I read it again. It's really not all that bad. I have lots of work to do and all, but at least that keeps me busy.

I really do want to get to the kids ball games, though. I didn't play ball as a kid and missed out on that opportunity to bond with my dad. There are a lot of things that I wish were different about my youth, but that is not something I can fix.

My sister-out-law's father died a couple of days ago. He had been getting frail and wasn't as sharp as he used to be. Not really that old, though, relatively speaking. I know that it will be hard on her mom and her for a long time. I never really spent any time with him. Just met him a couple of times over the years.

With the generator problems at work continuing (read: company slow to make a decision about what to do - repair/replace), I have picked up an additional 10 shifts for the month of May. That will put me over my goal of 300 hours of overtime for the year and it will only be the end of May! I think that comes to 14-15 hours extra every week so far this year. It doesn't look like it's gonna slow down any either. Gonna have to block out some time for family and not let the overtime temptation get out of hand.

Got the lawn mower up and running yesterday and cut the front lawn. Then spent the next 3 hours sneezing and "enjoying" my allergies. It's raining today, so I won't be cutting the back yard. I'm really disappointed about that

Well... gotta get busy with the day's work.
Blog later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home