Friday, March 04, 2005

Time to do taxes

Well, it is finally time for me to do my taxes. I am off work starting Monday for a few days and need to take advantage of the kids being in school and me not having any work scheduled. The refund is more than worth the effort, it's just a pain to sit here for the hours that it takes to get them done. I'm really more of a flat tax person. I mean, if we're gonna have a tax system to run the country, we really ought to stream line everything and get rid of all the junk. Make it easy and fair for everyone. I know that's a huge pipe dream, but maybe someday...

Gotta search for another insurance company this week as well. After 20 years with one carrier with minimal claims, I am looking for someone else. The reason is a denial of a claim by an adjuster who treated me extremely poorly. I am sorry to do this to my agent, but I feel I must draw the line somewhere and poor service to a long time customer is unacceptable. Three auto policies (soon to be four), one home owner's policy and one 3/4 million dollar business policy lost to State Farm because of this guy.

Hope to get some time playing with the kids this next week as well. My work schedule is so screwy that it seems like I'm always working when they are home lately. Retirement sure looks good to me.

1 Comments:

Blogger JOSHUA S BLACK said...

I like doing taxes! for my aunt. She has some soft ware that we use to compute all this stuff so we don't have to look on charts and find/memorize all these rules and regulations and rates of taxation and............ So I'm with you, Slicer: Flat tax!! 2% (bye-bye social programs and other junk)

March 13, 2005 1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home