Monday, February 21, 2005

This week holds much promise.

Well, I got notice tonight that I have been given meet and greet passes for some of my favorite artists at a concert this Thursday! I feel incredibly blessed to receive these. I bought the tickets to the show knowing that I could at least get close to the stage and be able to take some pictures. I never dreamed that I would be given passes to actually spend a couple of minutes with these artists. I feel a little like my friend John did when he found out he was going to get to meet these guys and girls. He said he felt giggly (I think that's how he put it). I understand him better now. I just wish I could talk guitar with these guys like John can. I know nothing about guitars. I just know that I really enjoy the music that they all write. I hope I don't seem like a dork <$1 to Aym4Him>.

The concert is Steven Curtis Chapman, Casting Crowns and Chris Tomlin. What a great combination of artists. They are sure to set the mood for a night of worship. I couldn't pick a better lineup! Go to their sites and take a listen.

The other interesting that is making my week... I won the auction for the front row seats and meet and greets on the SCC website! The tickets went pretty high, but I am proud and pleased to make this contribution to Shaohannah's Hope. I've contributed to them several times over the last couple of years. Definately a worthy organisation that I plan to support for as long as I am able.

Now I need to go out and buy some good batteries and a memory card for the digital camera. I certainly don't want to miss any opportunity to get pictures of what I consider a once in a lifetime experience.

Wonder if they want to go out to breakfast or lunch on the day they come into town. I mentioned that to Melissa (SCC's scheduler/assistant/right hand). They probably won't be in town early enough for that, though. Sure would be a neat thing to do, though.

I'll definately update after the show. Maybe even post some pictures here if I can figure out how.

4 Comments:

Blogger September said...

Yay!!!!!! That is awesome!!! I lucked out on a meet & greet, too, by attending the concert with Carmel. No, let me re-phrase that... I was BLESSED with a meet & greet. :-D

It was wonderful -- the concert, meeting Steven afterward, most especially the friends. You'll have a blast, and enjoy meeting Steven. He is just so easy to talk to.

You'll have to put your pic up as an avatar, too. ;-)

God bless, Matt.

February 22, 2005 11:12 AM  
Blogger fatchans said...

I only giggled once. Just for the record.

February 22, 2005 3:13 PM  
Blogger Slicer said...

I won 4 on two different bids (one with tickets and one without), plus I had 6 generously given to me by a certain someone. :-)

February 24, 2005 9:24 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

I'm SO excited you got to meet them!!! :) That's just WONDERFUL!!!!!!

February 28, 2005 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home