Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Thanks to my friends at the SCC messageboards!

Today's entry comes from a conversation I had on the Steven Curtis Chapman messageboards. You can read the whole thread here if you want.

Thanks for pointing me to the Word, Jeremy. That's truly where I need to be spending more of my time. I'll read Psalm 51 with my lunch today.
As far as the rearranging goes... I'm afraid that my wife has the lion's share of the organising to do. A lot of the papers and toy items are needing sorting and filing and throwing out and those are decisions that I am not allowed to make. I do the grunt work and move all the furniture and build the walls, etc.
I have moved my office down stairs, set up (and used) the weight machine, rearranged the den, reorganised and rearranged the schoolroom (where my wife's office is and the kids do their homework). The schoolroom project was a major undertaking. The kids just didn't have any place to work on homework, so I set the desk up differently and moved some other items around. Now four can study in there at the same time and not be on top of each other.
The upstairs bathroom is officially totally finished now. I plan to start on the powder room next.
The bedroom in the basement will be progressing as soon as I buy an entertainment center to put the stereo equipment and tv in. That stuff is all spread out in the basement (where the bedroom is supposed to go).
I still struggle with being a pharisee some. It goes along with that selfish additude. I think the Lord is opening my eyes more to it, though. Or maybe I'm just a little more sensitive to Him shoving me on the shoulder when He wants my attention.
I have been working a little more with my son concerning the anger issues. He is doing a little better. I think some of the problem stems from him feeling that he isn't getting enough attention. I think that when I spend time helping him with his schoolwork and having one on one time in conversation, he feels more in control and better able to deal with everything.
Well, that's another chapter in my book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home