Thursday, February 10, 2005

Update time!

A lot has happened since I last posted.

I almost quit my job in a fit of frustration. Went outside and realized that I really don't want to go back to working in the cold, rain and etc. Swallowed my pride and made nice with the stupidvisor. I've ended up working an extra 50 hours these last few weeks. I hope to work there about 300 extra this year so that I can cut back on my electrical business.

We had all the windows replaced in our house. Plus two doors and a glass block window in the basement. Nice job by the contractor. Well worth the money. I would've taken years to do it at the rate I've been moving.

I rearranged the schoolroom to accomodate 4 kids studying at once. Now I've got to upgrade the computers. I signed up for cable internet service, so now they can all do their online portion of homework quickly and we can still use the phone. Plus, I can surf and post here at the same time. The home network is already set up. I did that last month.

Put the "extra" non-working washer and dryer at the curb for pickup. Good to finally have that out of the garage. Lots left to do in that garage still.

A couple of sick kids. Not too bad... just had to clean up a little spew. They are remarkably sedate when they're sick. Easy to watch since they don't move much.

I'm thinking of changing the car I plan to buy. The Ford Mustang is just looking so hot! I want to buy the Pontiac Solstice, but I hear from one of the managers building the dealer models that there may be some problems.

Went to a Crossmen rehearsal. I brought two of my boys with me. They love going. Saw some of the kids that I know from Drum Corps Planet. Found out that one got cut. She shouldn't have been from what I hear... Blah. Sponsored another one to help with tour fees. The show sounds great!

Chatted a good bit with my SCC friends this week too.
Major shout outs to Missy and John. Missy, you are an awesome young woman who is really seeking the Lord. Thanks for your help with all my "teen" questions. John, you are a great inspiration to me. I appreciate your humor and the way you point me back to having fun with my kids.

That's just a fraction of all that I've been doing. I'll post more on that list another time.


4 Comments:

Blogger Slicer said...

Thanks Missy! You're a great young woman. I'm very proud of what you have accomplished lately.

February 18, 2005 9:29 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

You know what??? I TOTALLY forgot you're a drum corp fan! :) Thanks for the link and the smiles... do they ever put DCI on TV? I've found it once or twice, but it's been years!

February 19, 2005 1:09 AM  
Blogger Slicer said...

Actually, I'm more than a fan, Emily. I marched in Crossmen for a couple of years, and that is where I met my wife.

February 19, 2005 6:37 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

I remember now. A few years ago we talked about this... I think on the old, old boards. ;) Well, though I'm not in any sort of musical group anymore, I'm still a closet drum corp/marching band fan. I had friends who were in... well, I can't remember! It was a group from the NW I think--they may have disbanded. Anyway, when I was in high school, my favorite show was Santa Clara VanGuard's Phantom show. :)

February 19, 2005 1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home