Friday, February 18, 2005

Fly on the wall

Funny. The only reason I'm posting tonight is because I felt guilty for going around and reading (and commenting) on a few of my friends blogs and not giving them anything new to read.

It's not like there hasn't been anything going on to write about. Maybe it's the fact that there has been too much going on.

Went skiing yesterday with 4 of the kids. It was a lot of fun! We go once a year; usually in February. I'd like to go more often. Maybe next year. So far, 6 of my kids can ski. My oldest son tried snowboarding this time. By the end of the day, he was doing great! He even went off some of the ramps! I wish I had more of his confidence.

Work progresses as it usually does. I feel like I have a big target on my back. Seems like I can't do anything to satisfy those in authority. They claim that the communication on the team is lacking. The only place that it is lacking is top down. All the mushrooms communicate well with each other. It's so hard to be salt and light when you feel like you are 3 feet deep in manure.

Retirement beckons...

Gotta get in the Word more. Thanks, Emily for the look in the mirror.

Hang in there, John. One nice thing about fevers is the relative immobility of the kids. Too bad you are feeling immobile too. I'm praying for you.

Jeremy, put out those antennae. You're sure to get a feeling from the Lord about that resume idea.

Missy, I want you to be one of my daughters for real. You inspire me, girl!

3 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Well, I came reading everyone's blogs because you posted on mine. :) So thanks for posting here!

Praying for you and your job situations, Matt. Sometimes we're in tough situations--so I'm asking for wisdom, grace and a sense of humor for you at work!

February 19, 2005 1:12 AM  
Blogger fatchans said...

Hi Matt. Manure piles are such difficult places to be stuck. It's hard to see the fertilizer for all the crap. Maybe it's time to look for that acreage after all... Wherever the Lord leads you, I'm sure I'll just be passing through on my way to someplace.

February 19, 2005 9:34 AM  
Blogger Slicer said...

you are always welcome to stay no matter where we live. No need to just pass through.

February 20, 2005 7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home