Sunday, June 01, 2008

Maria's Miracle Fund















I've mentioned Maria's Miracle Fund before. This fund was set up to honor the life of Steven and Mary Beth Chapman's daughter who died just 11 short days ago.

Well, folks have really done a work of honoring Maria. There has been somewhere in excess of $275,000 raised so far. This will help close to 100 families with grants of $3000 each. I'm sure the fund will continue to increase.

I'm excited about this! It's hard to still deal with the rawness of the reason this fund exists, but the big picture is for more Marias to be loved and cared for, right?!

And maybe, just maybe, there will be a Maria in my household soon, if the Lord wills.

2 Comments:

Blogger warriorchild said...

That is incredible news, my friend. I will be in prayer for you and yours. I look forward to seeing the beautiful Townsend chapters that God will write through your willingness to participate into His big story.

June 01, 2008 9:12 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

That makes me smile... I'll keep you in prayers!

June 02, 2008 9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home