Thursday, May 31, 2007

Graduation Weekend

This Saturday, my second child will graduate from high school. It's an exciting time in our house! We are so busy with everything that goes on day by day that this will probably put us over the top.

The next few days, we will be doing quite a bit of cleaning and straightening so that we can host a congratulations party as well as an open house. I've got to cut down a couple of trees as well. Not sure how many people we should expect, but there should be plenty of room for parking. Hope folks can get over the lack of driveway and abundance of bugs. lol!

We still haven't been able to find a buyer for our other house. Lots of lookers, but no offers. It really is a buyer's market, but from what I understand, there aren't that many houses selling at all. Our agent keeps asking us to lower the price. It's only been officially on the market for 5 weeks or so. I don't see the need to panic and drop the price just yet. We've already offered $3000 in settlement help. I think our price is fair. Especially when you consider all the work and new stuff we put into renovations.

I'm considering putting the other house on the market too. My agent has called the house where we are living now a "contractors paradise". Lots of room, huge garage, and acreage to develop or store stuff. If we were to sell this place, I could put an addition on the old house and we could move back up there. The only loss would be the acres. Our fuel cost would drop down by close to 70%. I'd hate to have to move all that stuff again, but I think we could stand to throw another ton or so out in the trash.

In the mean time... I just bought a new washer and dryer. It was time to move into the 21st century. Front load and stackable. These are nice units that should last us a long time. They use a lot less water and detergent and the cycles are much quicker. Not the top of the line, but not too shabby either.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home