Sunday, February 12, 2006

SNOW!!!!

Finally!!
I love snow! Even though I usually have to shovel a lot of it, I love to see it and play in it. I think I'm still a kid that way.
I'm at work and I go outside as often as I can to see the flakes falling and accumulating. I also go out to check on the crew to make sure they are keeping the sidewalks and parking lots clean enough for the other folks in the building to come and go as needed.
Tomorrow, I will be shovelling driveways and sidewalks with the boys so that they can raise more money for the things they want to buy and do. They want to start a business amongst the 4 brothers (I'm sure they will let their other siblings work with them too). I've given them a little advice about some of the things they will need to do to make it happen. They saved up enough money from the last snow storm to buy new shovels (4 of them) and they are excited to be able to use them for this storm. I want them to be sure to tithe and then put 50% of what's left back into the business (for future purchases of a snow thrower, snow plow, etc for the winter and lawn and garden equipment for the other seasons). They get to spend the rest however they want. They seem to be doing well with this. Hopefully they will continue to work well together.
We are going skiing on Thursday. They paid for that with their work money too! I'm so proud of them for working so hard.
It's almost Valentine's Day. I'm not much of a romantic and my wife is used to it, but I do want to at least take her out to dinner. The hardest thing is finding someone to watch the younger kids and keep the older ones from fighting. Hope we can find help this time so that we don't have to cancel like we did the last time.
Pray for us!

4 Comments:

Blogger fatchans said...

I just took some pictures of the snow to prove that we got what looks like 10 inches. And it's still falling... Wish I could just pack us into the Integra and drive down there to babysit your kids for you, Matt. They're great kids. Except I wouldn't leave your place because I wouldn't know how to find public transportation home.

February 12, 2006 8:37 AM  
Blogger Slicer said...

You would be welcome to stay.
You might find that you liked it down here better...

NYC got 26"!!! Crazy!

February 13, 2006 6:40 AM  
Blogger The Great Mooski said...

I want snow!!!!! (not 26", though)

I hope you and your wife get some alone time, Matt. I'd come help watch the kids if I could.

If you have to cancel, and this might seem corny...make up some "date coupons" or "honey-do" coupons for her and allow her to cash them in as she pleases.

I know. It's been done before and it might be cheesy...but come up with some funny and creative ones, along with the romantic. Maybe have your kids chip in with some ideas. Perhaps your kids could provide you guys with a candlelit dinner at home? I don't know what kind of ruckus goes on there, though, so that idea might be moot. :-) I bet they'd get a kick being waiters/chefs/etc.

February 13, 2006 12:06 PM  
Blogger September said...

I hope you get to have your Valentine Day's dinner. :-)

February 14, 2006 12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home