Sunday, January 29, 2006

Upset

Well, I'm a little upset right now. Actually I'm pretty mad!

Several of the kids have been acting up this morning. So much so that I decided that it would not be a good idea for the wife and I to leave them unsupervised. So, we didn't get to go to brunch. I'm upset about that part, but I'm more upset that the kids are acting in a way that makes them untrustworthy. The older ones especially.

We really haven't asked the older girls to do a lot of babysitting over the years. Recently, I decided that I needed to take my wife out a little more often and have the girls watch the other kids. It's not usually a tough job since the youngest ones are usually napping. They are allowed to let the others watch a video, so there really isn't that much for them to do... just make sure no one gets hurt or sneaks outside. Unfortunately, one of my older girls has been having a little self control issue when it comes to hurting the younger ones. So how can we leave her in a position of authority?

Anyway, that combined with some of the unauthorized activities of a couple of my boys has led us to an afternoon stuck in the house without the benefit of couple time for me and the wife.

All we asked was for a couple hours out to lunch! Is that too much to ask?
So I'm down in the basement cooling off so I don't kill anyone.
Pray for me...

1 Comments:

Blogger September said...

Oh man... :-( I just read this now (it's Monday), but I'm praying for you anyway. I'm sorry that you and your wife didn't get to have some much needed time together. I'm sure that with such a busy household, you both need it -- not only the time away from all that busy-ness, but some time just to reconnect with one another.

Praying for patience and wisdom and peace. Remember God's unfailing grace.

January 30, 2006 1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home