Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Time flies!

Has it really been almost a week since my last post? Not too much has happened since the runaway episode. My son is having to really work at rebuilding trust with his teachers and with us. At school, he isn't allowed to go anywhere without an adult. Not sure how much longer they will require that. The boy really doesn't like it. He doesn't like school much anyway and now it's almost unbearable for him.

One of the things I had my son do was write Proverbs 12:22 The LORD detests lying lips,but he delights in men who are truthful. I made him write it 100 times. It really took him a long time to get it done over the course of a few days. He isn't much of a writer yet. He definately has it memorized now.:-)

He also hasn't been allowed to go anywhere alone around home. I'm not sure he's getting the lesson, though. He really has a hard time staying on task and I'm beginning to think he's a little ADD. I really don't want to put him on medicine, but we may need to check into it. I've heard there are alternatives out there. Have to check into them.

I'm working tonight. Most of the tedius stuff is done. I've got a few minutes to post here and check a few favorite sites. Then it's up and around the building again to check the equipment.

Tomorrow morning I'm going out to a men's breakfast. I need the fellowship and accountability. Then it's home to load up for another job. I've got a few hours of work at a local business adding lights and a couple of fans. Then I get to watch the little ones for a few hours. Then it's back to work here for another night. Not much sleep in there. A bit of deja vu from last year. Hope I don't get that busy again.

Just wanted to give a shout out to John and Ken (beeken). I'm praying for you both. Thanks for being my foxhole friends.

Emily... did you get to see Idol tonight? San Fran didn't have too much to offer. lol!
Well, time's up, until next time.
Keep praying for my boys. They need the coverage!

3 Comments:

Blogger fatchans said...

Hi Matt. thanks for the shout-out. I hope the men's breakfast was a good connection start for you. It's weird for me as I start severing ties and preparing for goodbyes, but in an odd kind of way, it feels like coming home too. ya know? Maybe not... oh well.
J

January 26, 2006 9:18 AM  
Blogger Slicer said...

I totally understand about that, John. When you find the place God wants you, it feels that way. It's just that sometimes He moves that place...

January 26, 2006 9:49 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

I'm currently watching Idol on videos. Just saw SC and Frisco today-still haven't seen last week yet. I'm getting cable/internet connected on friday! That will help. The sad thing is that I have bible study on tues nights... Sometimes I get home at 11!! Gonna have to have priorities once voting starts!!

January 28, 2006 11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home